CashSend lets you send money to any person in Zambia who has a mobile phone. To collect, all they need
to do is visit their nearest Absa ATM. What's more, you don’t even need to have data to use CashSend.
- Send money across the country to anyone with a mobile phone.
- The person receiving the funds does not need to have a bank account.
- Withdrawal of funds is done at any Absa ATM - without needing an ATM card.
- Insert your ATM card into any Absa ATM and select the 'More Services' option.
- Select the 'Money Voucher' option.
- Enter the amount you wish to send.
- Create a 6-digit 'Voucher PIN' (you will have to enter this twice).
- Select the option to enter a phone number and enter the recipients’ mobile phone number - you can opt to proceed without entering a recipient’s phone number.
- Take and retain your receipt as proof of the transaction.
- Send the 6-digit ‘Voucher PIN’ to your recipient.
- If you opted not to enter their mobile phone number, ensure you also send the recipient the 'Voucher Number' (on the receipt).
- Dial *229# and enter your 6-digit PIN.
- Select option 1 for CashSend.
- Enter recipient’s phone number.
- Enter amount.
- Select account number to be debited.
- Create a recipient PIN for the transaction.
- Confirm to complete the transaction.
If the sender entered the mobile phone number of the recipient, the recipient will receive an SMS from Absa containing the following information:
- A message informing the recipient that money has been sent to them and is ready for collection
- A unique 8-digit 'Voucher Number'
The recipient will go to any Absa ATM and:
- Select the 'Cardless services' option.
- Enter the 8-digit 'Voucher number' (from the Absa SMS OR as given to them by the sender).
- Enter the 6-digit 'Voucher PIN' (as communicated by the sender).
- The money will be dispensed.