Scroll to discover
CashSend lets you send money to any person in Zambia who has a mobile phone. To collect, all they need to do is visit their nearest Absa ATM. What's more, you don’t even need to have data to use CashSend.
What you can expect
- Send money across the country to anyone with a mobile phone.
- The person receiving the funds does not need to have a bank account.
- Withdrawal of funds is done at any Absa ATM - without needing an ATM card.
- Insert your ATM card into any Absa ATM and select the 'More Services' option.
- Select the 'Money Voucher' option.
- Enter the amount you wish to send.
- Create a 6-digit 'Voucher PIN' (you will have to enter this twice).
- Select the option to enter a phone number and enter the recipients’ mobile phone number - you can opt to proceed without entering a recipient’s phone number.
- Take and retain your receipt as proof of the transaction.
- Send the 6-digit ‘Voucher PIN’ to your recipient.
- If you opted not to enter their mobile phone number, ensure you also send the recipient the 'Voucher Number' (on the receipt).
- Dial *229# and enter your 6-digit PIN.
- Select option 1 for CashSend.
- Enter recipient’s phone number.
- Enter amount.
- Select account number to be debited.
- Create a recipient PIN for the transaction.
- Confirm to complete the transaction.
If the sender entered the mobile phone number of the recipient, the recipient will receive an SMS from Absa containing the following information:
- A message informing the recipient that money has been sent to them and is ready for collection
- A unique 8-digit 'Voucher Number'
The recipient will go to any Absa ATM and:
- Select the 'Cardless services' option.
- Enter the 8-digit 'Voucher number' (from the Absa SMS OR as given to them by the sender).
- Enter the 6-digit 'Voucher PIN' (as communicated by the sender).
- The money will be dispensed.