Abby, your 24/7 digital banker
Abby, our friendly chatbot powered by artificial intelligence (AI), is designed to be your 24/7 digital personal
banker. Whether it's making payments, buying airtime, accessing account information or answering general queries,
Abby can do it for you!
Start chatting to Abby on WhatsApp to make payments, transfer money, buy airtime and check your account balances. Another digital innovation that gets things done.
Log in to start using Abby's ChatBanking features
Ask Abby to show you your transactions
Need to check your transaction history? Abby can show you transactions going back up to 90 days.
Just ask Abby to 'Show my transactions from current account', or 'Show transactions from October'.
To see some more ways Abby can show you your transactions you can also try saying
- Show my incoming transactions
- Show my outgoing transactions
- Show transactions between K100 and K500
- Show transactions from last week
Ask Abby to pay your beneficiaries
Abby lets you quickly pay your existing beneficiaries.
Just ask Abby to 'Pay someone'. She’ll ask you to select from a list of your existing beneficiaries and allow you to choose which account to pay from.
You just tell her how much, and you’re done!
Don't spend your time on hold with the call centre or waiting in line at a branch. Simply let Abby answer all your general enquiries about banking products and services.
Services and processes
Abby can also tell you which services may require a branch visit or which can be completed over the phone, via internet banking or mobile app. Abby answers questions such as what to do if you lose your credit card or if you need to update your address.
Abby is our friendly chat platform, powered by artificial intelligence and designed to support our customers with instant and secure support, 24/7.
Our goal is to provide our customers with a contextual and personalised communication experience where they can make general enquiries, payments, transfers or access account information any time, anywhere.
Abby’s a fast learner – the more you chat, the better your banking experience gets!
Simply click on the Abby chat icon at the bottom right of our website, accept the terms and conditions, and start chatting in English. You can ask Abby any banking question and product or service queries here.
Simply save Abby on your phone as a new contact: +260 762 969 977. Now open WhatsApp and say hello to your new contact to start chatting.
Our clients’ safety and privacy are important to us, and we have ensured that Abby is a secure platform. Please ensure that the ONLY number you interact with is Abby on +260 762 969 977. Abby will never ask a client to provide personal information such as account number or ID number.
- Check your account balances, including due dates and minimum payments for your credit cards.
- Search and view transaction history going back 90 days.
- Transfer money between your own accounts.
- Pay saved billers, buy electricity and top up airtime.
- Pay saved beneficiaries.
Abby, our friendly virtual assistant, is available 24/7 to support you.
In the pre-login environment you can:
- Ask questions about general banking information
- Make enquiries about financial products and services
- Search for ATMs and branch locations.
In the post-login environment you can additionally:
- Check account balances and information
- View transaction details with filters such as by dates or amount
- Transfer money to your own accounts
- Pay saved beneficiaries
- Pay saved billers, buy electricity and top-up airtime
Customers who are registered for Absa Internet Banking can access Abby. Use your internet banking login details to log into Abby, and make sure you are chatting from the mobile number registered on your Absa account.
Yes. If your enquiry is not related to your account information, you do not need to log in.
You can access Abby’s login functions through WhatsApp: +260 762 969 977. Once you prompt Abby to access account information or perform a transaction (by saying 'show balances' or 'make a transfer'), you will be asked to log in.
Use your internet banking login details for Abby's login function.
Abby is available to individual Absa account holders with a non-business, transactional account. You need to be registered for Absa Internet Banking to use the login functions on Abby WhatsApp. and make sure you are chatting from the mobile number registered on your Absa account.
No, Absa ChatBanking is not an app – it is a service that you can access from WhatsApp as long as you hold an Absa account and are registered for internet banking.
You can initiate conversation by saying hi or hello to start chatting.
Here are a few other phrases that you can use to find what you are looking for:
- Show my balance
- Show my current account balance
- Show my savings account balance
- Show my credit card account balance
- Show recent transactions
- Make a transfer – to transfer money between you own accounts
- Pay someone – to pay an existing beneficiary that you have paid at least once in the last 90 days
- Pay a biller – to get a list of all your available saved billers, including airtime, electricity, utilities and more